Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fall Decorating Ideas

I realize that Fall doesn't officially start until until Friday, September 23rd, but as soon as the calendar turns to September, I can't help but think of Fall. I'm of the kind, that as soon as Thanksgiving is over, I break out the Christmas decorations. And as soon as the calendar turns to September, I break out the fall decorations. October 1st rolls around? Out comes the Halloween decorations. I figure that if I am going to go to the trouble of decorating our house for the holidays, I might as well enjoy them for an entire month. Or longer. And besides, I have yet to have the holiday police come knocking on my door.

Here are just a few ideas that have me itching to break out my boxes of fall decorations...


I really dig these pumpkin topiaries. Craft pumpkins would be perfect for these and could be used again next year.

Pottery Barn

This pumpkin topiary is charming as well.

Country Living

I have been scouring the internet for fall mantle ideas. I love all the pumpkins on this mantle.

Martha Stewart

And this mantle of vases filled with the bounties of fall.

Pottery Barn

I love the neutral colors of this display. Especially the mercury pumpkins. OMG.

Pottery Barn

Here's those mercury pumpkins again. I want these BAD!

Pottery Barn

These white pumpkins are quite lovely too.

Pottery Barn

And here's a plethora of lovely arrangements.

Pottery Barn

Here's a simple way to decorate with candles.

Pinterest

Better Homes & Gardens

Pottery Barn

I need to get me some bell jars.

Country Living

HGTV
And last, but not least, every door needs a fall wreath in my opinion.

Pottery Barn

Do you decorate for fall? Or have I inspired you? I promise to share my fall decorations with you as soon as they go up. I also will be sharing my Fall Collage, as well as a fun, vintage craft pumpkin shadow box that  I made last year. So stay tuned!

Jenny

5 comments:

  1. Jenny, I am ready to decorate for fall also!! Love those mercury glass pumpkins, so pretty! I hope the holiday police never show up at my door, I would be put away for life ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this is so great...this is the one decorating 'motif' that I don't do. It feels really strange being by the beach and 90 degrees here through December. Not sure anyone does fall decor here, though I will get my pumpkin vibe on come mid-October!

    And hello? Queen Mistress of the DIY does not need mercury glass pumpkins (LOVE!), she needs a can of metallic spray paint and good farmer's market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, you're right! I so should make my own mercury glass pumpkins. Hmmmm...now just to find some glass pumpkins. I think I have one stashed in the cupboards somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! Although I'm sad to see summer ending :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous! Fall is here! Enjoy the beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...