Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pregnancy Update

4D Ultrasound taken at 27w2d

My OB sent me in for another 4D ultrasound to have some fibroid tumors checked on. I happen to have 4 of the suckers, but thankfully they have not grown or moved. Before we did IVF, I had surgery to have a large fibroid tumor removed, and my OB decided to leave the smaller fibroids so as not to cut into my uterus too much. Now we just need to watch them and hope they don't obstruct the birth canal. If they do, I'll have to have a c-section,which I'm really hoping to avoid.

Our first 4D ultrasound at around 4 1/2 months produced some freakish pictures. The baby looked more alien than anything. However, our second 4D ultrasound at just under 7 months produced some astonishing pictures (above). We could see her cute button nose, tiny little mouth, precious eyelids, amazing hands. We couldn't get over how detailed the 4D ultrasound was! We just had our third 4D ultrasound today at 33w3d and the pictures weren't as clear as my last ultrasound, probably because the baby has grown and is more crammed inside my tummy. My husband and I were both shocked when the technician told us how big the baby was....6 lbs 10 oz! And I still have 7 weeks to go!! Oh my! And surprise, surprise, she has a full head of hair. She probably gets that from her momma ;-)

The pregnancy is progressing as it should be. I'm growing, although I'm not huge I've been told. However, I feel huge!  Sleeping has become a challenge. I now have to sleep with a pillow between my legs for comfort and find myself tossing and turning A LOT. And bending over to pick something off the floor has become just about impossible and I'm sure hilarious for all who witness me trying too do so. I find myself grunting and groaning when getting up off the couch and out of my car, which my husband loves to tease me about. I'm also tired A LOT, and hungry A LOT. The baby seems to be sucking the energy and food out of me. My plan is to work right up till Christmas and I just hope I have enough energy to do so!

Jenny

P.S. The nursery is coming along. Just need to add some decorative touches here and there. I hope to post pictures of the finished room soon!

5 comments:

  1. Awww, she looks so sweet and snuggled in there!! We had a 4D the day before I delivered and my word...face smashed flat looked like Shrek. I was nervous! :-)

    Congrats, you're almost there Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I am glad you are doing well! And you are looking good! I hope you don't have to have a c-section, though I survived three of them. And Isabel is almost as big as all three of the boys when they were born! Can't believe how soon she will arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how far technology has come. She looks so cute and precious! Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well and you feel well, despite feeling huge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had kids so I don't know much about these things, but it sounds like your baby girl is quite big! Yikes! And 7 weeks yet to go. You sure don't look like you have a big baby on board! You look lovely and happy - a perfect combination. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool, didn't have that technology 15 years ago. Can't wait to see you and the baby belly:)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving and reading your comments...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...